Monday, October 5, 2009

All in a weekend..

I don't think we even had a weekend...it seemed to fly by in the blink of an eye and before I knew it, it was Monday and back to school. Friday after Julie had school my mom and the kids and I headed out the wheatland, which is about an hr drive to our favorite pumpkin patch, hoping to beat the crowds of the coming weekend. We had a great time, and it is so weird to think that 5 yrs ago, I was there with Julie and she was the little one in the stroller. So after the train ride, the pony rides, the marble panning and the slides, we took the hay ride out to the pumpkin patch to search for pumpkins. Kaitlyn was really into it this year and kept telling everyone on the hayride that she was getting 2 pumpkins, one big and one small. So we trudged through the fields and selected 5 pumpkins...(yeah picture us trying to carry all of that back to the wagon). As I was walking out of the field something bit my ankle...but I figured who knows what the heck is in there. After the hay ride we got a snack and as we were eating our snack, my mom kept getting bit by mosquitoes...I thought they were done for the year but she swore she kept seeing them. Later that night as I counted the bites on me, I guess she was right. I had a bunch also. Julie had one on her arm and Kaitlyn didn't seem to have any. When Sat came around we were on our way to the lake with friends to go for one last boat ride and rafting trip before the nice weather came to an end. Julie said her arm really itched and it was for sure swollen and red and she had a nice sized bug bite, but I didn't think to much of it, because I had a bunch of itchy things on me too. Well Sunday morning when she woke up, her arm was huge and hard as a rock and warm and red all around the bug bite...so we decided to take her to urgent care before we had to run her to a birthday party. Good thing we did, turns out she now has an infection that turned into a cellulitis. They put her on two antibiotics because it was so bad and the size of the redness around it was now 6cm....it looked horrible. So they sent us home with meds, told us to keep a heating pad on it and give her Motrin for the swelling. Now the bad thing is that when she is on antibiotics it makes her grumpy...so take her normal grump when she is on antibiotics and multiply by 5..I sure don't know if I can take 10 days of this and of course my husband wont be home tonight or tomorrow night to help out.....I may need a spa weekend after it is all said and done.

No comments: