Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Family in crisis and other ramblings....

Do you ever have moments in your life when you wonder why things happen to people. Well as most people know my cousin who is 32 was diagnosed with Stage 3 colon cancer about 4 months ago. She just had a new baby and also has a 3 yr old and I cannot imagine what she has been going through. She has been having treatments with radiation and chemo...well last week she had a new MRI to check how things were going...the results were horrible. It has now spread from her colon and they have now found it in her hip bone....as she put it, her life sucks right now. They are now going to put her on high doses or radiation for 12 weeks, 24 hrs a day. I cannot imagine having a new baby and a toddler and having to face something like this. I am not overly religious but I am going to be praying and praying for her...I think one of the fears of a parent is not being able to watch your children grow up.

On a more positive note, we all had a blast this weekend camping....we also went to an amusement park and the boardwalk. The kids had tons of rides all weekend and none of us were ready to go home(ok maybe my husband was). It is so cute to watch them grow and change and experience all the new things that come along with life. Julie is doing great in school and loves it, we have her 1st parent/teacher conference Nov 6th so it should be interesting to see what her teacher has to say. Tomorrow I am going on a field trip with 3 of the kindergarten classes up to apple hill so that should be interesting and hopefully fun, although she has another bladder infection so she has been grumpy for the last few days...hopefully the meds will kick in and make things better.

1 comment:

AmyBow said...

I am so sorry to hear about your cousin. I will pray with you for a miracle.