Monday, May 25, 2009

Bargains, bargains everywhere...

When I was growing up, my Aunt always bought all of her kids stuff at thrift stores and I thought that was horrible and gross and I said that my kids would never wear stuff from thrift stores....wow, was I a moron. We have a very nice goodwill by our house and while there is still some crap, most of it is nice usable stuff and I have often been able to find great kids clothes there even brands like Gymboree, Gap, Old Navy all for cheap.....well today was the 50% off Memorial Day sale and being that I was just there last week, I didn't think that I would go to this since the last sale they had, no joke people were parked down the street, I mean way down because the parking lot was full, all for Goodwill are you kidding me....well, now I will shut up. Since Adam didn't have work today and he went with us to the girls gymnastics class, I decided to wander over there to goodwill since they opened early for the sale so I figured it wouldn't be too bad yet...boy was I wrong. As I was walking in, some lady that was unloading her cart said that I would not want to go in without a basket cause inside you wont find one so if I wanted I could wait and have hers..I said okay while I was thinking in my mind, they have a bunch of baskets so they can't be out of them.

Then I walked in the store....lets just say in some parts of the store you could not move or get through, people were filling up carts like it was free stuff. So I decided to get a few kids books, some books for me, a couple sunflower nick knacks and then head over to see if I could find any clothes for the kids. As I was walking to the clothing section, I saw the line....no way that couldn't be the line could it...oh yes. Let's just say it wrapped around the ENTIRE STORE!!! I am not exaggerating. So I still went off to the kids section and found some cute clothes and even better I found some for me which is a rare treat. Adam finally joined us and I had him go stand in line....good thing. We ended up waiting in line for an hour and when we got to the front, the manager said it is usually at least a 2 hr line so we hit the store at a good time...lucky us. I did find some great bargains. I found a Lands End winter jacket for Julie that looks like it has never been worn. When I got home, I looked it up on the website and it goes for 69.50. I spent $1.75 on it.....I also got Kaitlyn a cute Gymboree skirt for $1.50 and some cool kids dinner trays for $.20 a piece. All in all I ended up spending $68 bucks which would have been what the jacket alone would have cost new and to think my cart was overflowing with things....As we were checking out a lady came up and asked us if she could follow us to the car to have our cart when we were done. Being that she had like 3 little kids with her, and we were parked by the Gymnastics place I told her that I would bring it back to her. No joke, on the way to the car, people were following us to the car and stopping us to ask if they could have our cart when we were done. At least 6 people came after us for it. I could have sold it to the highest bidder.....

1 comment:

AmyBow said...

It feels so good to get a bargain, doesn't it! You should post some pictures of your finds!