Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Reflections

Struggeling with a chronic illness is not fun, it is a rarity in my life to have a great day.. With that being said, I would love to have a neat and clean and organized house, the reality is I don't...with that being said, I dont invite many people over for fear of judgement, but lets look deeper at that. How can anyone judge someone who has not walked in there shoes. I used to be guilty of this until things in my life changed. I dont know how many days or years I have left in front of me and that has made me change my way of thinking. I want my children to remember me for being an involved mom. That is why I push myself to drive to soccer, softball, swimming, and even though I may be so tired I can barely move because of my illness, I push through..so the house gets left behind because I have left my last ounce of energy with my kids and seeing their happy faces makes me know that I made the right choice. It is lonely dealing with being sick because no one can imagine what and how you feel if they have not experinced it. So just for today I ask, before you judge someone take a minute to think we dont really know what is going on in their life. Maybe they have a family member that is sick and they are taking care of, maybe their spouse is having an affair, maybe they dont know how they are going to pay that next bill, or maybe just maybe like me they look normal on the outside, but inside they are in pain and always tired. So instead of judging someone, try to smile and accept them because you never know what goes on behind closed doors.

No comments: