Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My husband is going to glue shoes on my foot

Okay so Adam wants me to wear shoes 24 hours a day...the thing is that I hate shoes.....I hate having them on and I would much rather be barefoot. Lets go back about 3 months ago. I was walking into the garage and ran into a metal dog crate with my toe...lets just say that my pinkie toe went one way and the rest of my foot went the other...so since it was a little one and there is not much they can do about it, I buddy taped it to the other toe which is what they say to do...well after 6 weeks, it still was not better so I went to urgent care where they said it was broken and just taking a long time to heal(no they did not take an x-ray like I wanted them to.) Well 2 weeks ago it was still hurting when I was walking...now it had been 3 months and my doctor sent me for an x ray and said that I had a poorly healed toe fracture, nothing much left to do except keep it taped for a month but it may hurt forever...great. Fast forward to Thanksgiving....I was trying to pull the turkey off the counter when I knocked the food shears off into my big toe.....well then I looked down and saw the blood seeping through my sock and it felt like I broke it....just what I needed. Well Dr Julie brought me a band aid and Adam applied pressure even though it wasn't that big of a hole...just hurt like h..l. Just what I needed, I already had one toe on the other foot taped up. So it kept me up at night for 2 nights and then it only hurt when I bent it towards my foot or touched it. This morning I woke up and my toe was swollen at least 2 times the normal size so I headed back to my doctors...she asked if I cleaned it when it happened and I laughed and said I am a mom and I needed to get the turkey on, plus it was a small injury and it went through my sock so I wasn't worried about it...well it turns out she doesn't think it is broken, but the point of the scissors lacerated my medial tendon in my toe and has since started to get infected and that along with the swelling from the tendon has caused a lot of swelling in my toe....so I am now on Antibiotics and if it gets worse in the next 3 days then I need to go back and maybe have it drained....for now I am to take my meds, some Motrin and rest and elevate it as much as possible.....haha...with a 2 and 4 yr old...good luck.

No comments: