Sunday, August 3, 2008

Garlic Festival or Bust....plus Kailtyn's 2nd birthday



Wow has it been a busy two weeks. We finally made it to the Gilroy Garlic Festival which I have always wanted to go to...well let me tell you it was such a disappointment and I didnt even get to taste the one thing that I have always wanted to try when I got there. Lets just say it should have been called the Festival of Lines...because that is all we did...we left after only 45 minutes. The bad part is we waited in line on the freeway to get in for 2 1/2 hours in which time we only had to go 2 miles.....waste, and the line was so long for the ice cream it would have been another 2 hrs just for a taste. I think if you ask Julie the only good thing about it was that now instead of throw a ping pong ball and when a goldfish, you win a hermit crab which she did and brought home and added it to her zoo.....




My little girl also turned 2, I can't believe how fast the girls are growing up. It seems like I blink and they have gotten much bigger. Julie is such a talker and very smart. She has very intelligent conversations for her age and Kaitlyn is a handful, very independent and stubborn...but sweet too. She had a great time at her party which we had at a small lake by our house with our family and a few close friends. She went for her 2 yr check up and she was 28lbs and 35 1/2 inches.....she is very tall for her age.

1 comment:

AmyBow said...

They are so beautiful! Sounds like Kaitlyn takes after her great-grandma Martie, nice and tall. I guess it makes sense since she looks so much like her Grandma Susie:)

We can't wait to see you guys soon!